Breastfeeding Photo Shoot

Breastfeeding is such a special time for mom & baby. I've had the privilege to nurse all my children (including my twins exclusively) yet rarely do I have any pictures of me feeding them. I take that back, I think I have one picture of when I was in the hospital nursing both my twins at the same time.

Sorry, not posting THAT picture!

Recently, my friend over at Still Playing School held a giveaway for a breastfeeding photo shoot to be done by Ronice Kay Photography and I was ecstatic to have won it!

Ronice asked if I had any specific place I wanted it held at but I really didn't have a certain location in mind. She suggested a memorial park about 10 minutes from me where ironically I had a few of my senior pictures taken there many moons ago.

Nope, not showing you those pictures either! haha

Anyway, our schedules finally lined up last month to meet for my much anticipated shoot. Of course, I was agonizing over what Ava & I would wear. Ronice gave me some websites to check out on tips for dressing for pictures which helped.

So with Ronice's permission, I am sharing with you a few of the photos she took. I seriously loved them all and can't choose a favorite.

*note, because I watermark all photos shared here but I didn't take these pics, I am putting Ronice's name on them. This isn't her official watermark.






haha check out the thumbs up Ava was giving! Guess she loves her mama's milk!

Love how Ronice captured a piece of Noah with Ava <3


 Ronice was SO sweet to surprise me by offering to take a picture of me with all 7 of my children! 

 I am always the one behind the camera so this was a rare treat to have one of them with me!





If you are local, go check out Ronice Kay Photography. She was wonderful to work with and captured some great shots! Thanks again Ronice for these priceless photos! 

10 comments

  1. I love these! I have such sweet memories of breast feeding my three bio babies. It came so hard those first few weeks but I loved it later on. I regret that I didn't do it longer into toddlerhood (back then few of my friends BF and no one did it past 6 months...I felt like a freak by 12 months so weaned them all at around a year old). I miss it now that I can't have any more womb babies. I have loved all my foster babies, and adopted kiddos...but I always missed having that connection with them. It felt strange NOT to breast feed. There's just something about nourishing your baby through your own body that can't be replicated with a bottle. When I brought home my first little 6 lb foster newborn I was so sleep deprived that one night I picked him up pulled up my pajama top and tried to latch him on (I was totally half asleep) and then came to my senses as the baby screamed. Some habits are hard to break ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla! Good for you for hanging in there till a year despite not knowing anyone else who did! My first 3 girls weaned around a year old, then my first son went till 2! Olivia went till 18 months and stopped during mid-pregnancy with Ava so we'll see how long she goes. And too funny about accidently trying to nurse the little foster baby, ahhh sleep deprivation!! ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness I Love Love Love these! SO Precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the pictures! I would love to do a shoot like this with my baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) You should totally take some nursing photos, I think I will really cherish these when my nursing days are long gone!

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for the kind words! I loved working with you and your kiddos capturing this special time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you have a great idea offering this to nursing moms & I hope many more moms do this! :)

      Delete
  5. I love how you include Noah in so many of your photos. I do that too but sometimes feel uncomfortable by other people for always including a picture of Eva in our family photos. But, we are not a family without her. My fave is the one with the Noah footprint necklace. Precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!!! Yes, I can't do family pictures without including Noah's photo either, just doesn't feel right to me. I'm sure there are those who don't like that I include his photo in pictures but oh well. He's as much my child as my living kids are and I feel that if others are uncomfortable by me including him, they ought to be glad they are only uncomfortable compared to the pain we feel everyday living without our children. (((hugs))) Continue to include Eva in your pictures if that is something YOU want to do & try not to worry what others think! <3

      Delete

I enjoy hearing from each & every one of you! Thanks for taking the time to comment. :)