Virtual Cookie Exchange Linky Party!!

Woohoo, it's party time!!! Let's exchange those photos & recipes of your favorite Christmas cookies & goodies!

I admit, what I'm sharing so far is candy I whipped up. I may get to some cookies later today, but this candy is quite delicious so I wanted to share it with you all.

First up is Oreo Cookie Truffles. You can't get much easier than this, yet they taste so decadent! It only takes 3 ingredients to make this wonderful treat.


1 package of oreo cookies (or a knock off brand like I used for these)
1 8oz package of softened cream cheese
melting chocolate

Crush the cookies either in your food processor or put them in a ziploc bag & whack the heck out of them to smash up. Then blend the crumbs well with the cream cheese. Roll into small balls & place on a waxpaper lined cookie sheet. I put them in the freezer to harden to make it easier to dip. Melt your chocolate either in a mini crockpot (like I used), microwave or double broiler. Dip the balls into it & let harden. Chill & try not to eat them all at one time!


My second candy treat is called Saltine Toffee. Again, another simple recipe that is addicting. I dare you not to keep taking a bite as you package them up!


4oz of saltines (1 sleeve of saltines)
1 cup of butter
3/4- 1 cup of brown sugar
bag of chocolate chips

Line a jelly roll pan (15x10" pan) with wax paper. Spray with a little pam. Then lay out the crackers in a single layer. In a sauce pan, melt butter & sugar together. Bring it to a boil & let boil 3 minutes without stirring. Pour mix over the crackers then bake at 400 for 5-6 minutes. Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the top & let melt. Once melted, spread evenly & let completely cool. (if you like nuts on top, this is the time to add them). I popped my pan into the fridge for a bit to harden. Then break into pieces and store in sealed container.
________________________

Now it's YOUR turn! Share with us something you enjoy making this time of year then come back and check out what everyone is sharing and try making something new. Thanks for participating!

ps. Check out the awesome giveaway I have going on right now!

6 comments

  1. No recent cookie baking for me so I linked my banana cake recipe--it's quite delish:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Oreo truffles look fabulous! I'll have to try making them. That second recipe is also good; I've made them before, and they taste like caramel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Oreo truffles. I'm stopping by from the Review Crew to say hi and follow your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Stopping by from the Blog Cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently made some crockpot candy. I may post about it tomorrow and link up. Greetings from the Blog Cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha...just realized that I commented under Mitch's name! Oop...newborn/lack of sleep/three boys: my excuses:) Just visited these other recipe sites and have a lot of baking to do! Thanks for hosting the link up, Jenn. Merry Christmas:)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from each & every one of you! Thanks for taking the time to comment. :)