Baked blueberry oatmeal

It's been one of "those" weeks again.  Grief is like a rollercoaster, full of ups & downs & twists. You have good days, then you have some not so good days. It's nothing you can control either. It's been raining for the last week now & I know that does make things worse for me, though I have these down times even despite the weather.

So right now I'm just trying to hang in there.

I thought I'd share my baked blueberry oatmeal recipe that some of you had asked for. With blueberry season right around the corner, it's always nice to have some blueberry recipes on hand. Speaking of, I'm getting ready to plant my own blueberry bushes. (if this rain would ever stop!) So we're looking forward to expanding our gardening ventures & trying something new.

Here's a picture of my last batch that I made. My kids love this not only for breakfast but to eat any time of the day.
3 cups of quick cooking oatmeal
1/2 cup of brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup of milk
2 eggs beaten
1/2 cup of applesauce
fresh or frozen blueberries (as much as you prefer, I use roughly 3 cups, I don't measure, I just pour)

Mix everything together. Pour into a greased square dish (about an 8x8) and bake at 350 for 40-45 min, or until a toothpick comes out clean from testing. I actually double this recipe and make a 9x13 pan for us so it lasts more than one breakfast. It reheats well too.

~Your soul friend is someone who loves you for what you are,
accepts you for what you lack, and still gently invites you to grow

1 comment

  1. I never knew you could bake oatmeal--what a great idea. Takes all the guess work out and less time consuming.

    Grief is essential to help us heal, although very painful. Concentrate on your many blessings.

    Visit me at http://amazingonepotmeals.com
    and check out my slowcooker recipes. Perfect for a large beautiful family like yours--a big time save.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from each & every one of you! Thanks for taking the time to comment. :)